dimanche 16 août 2009

A Tale Of Even More Painters 1


For this first turn of the TOEMP So here are 20 white shields for my IG army, for a value of 80 points., we had to paint 75 points of troups before tomorow monday. I'm planning to have a squad of 50 white shields in the end.

Premier tour du TOEMP : je devais peindre 75 points de troupes avant demain lundi. Voici donc 20 conscrits pour mon armée de la GI, valeur : 80 pts. Je pense gonfler les effectif du "squad" jusqu'à 50.

Edit : points calculation :
Foot Sloggers – 1 point each : 20pts

Eyes/ Lenses/ View Finders – 1 point per model : 20pts
Meeting 1st informal Deadline – 2 points (Only for the 17th August) : 2pts
Finishing with atleast 24 hours to spare – 2 points : 2pts

So thats 44 pts

here s another picture of (I hope) better quality :




Now that covers the points, here are a few benefits:

I've also finished my 2 first units for the Spartacus army : 2 trained slaves units (2x 32 miniatures).

J'ai aussi terminé (soclé et équipé) les deux premières unités de mon armée Spartacus : 2 unités d'esclaves entrainés (2x32 figurines).

7 commentaires:

  1. I am amazed at how quickly you paint - well done mate.

    I like the look of the white shields, where did the heads come from?

    ....

    Je suis stupéfié à comment vite vous peignez - le copain bien fait.

    J'aime le coup d'oeil des boucliers blancs, d'où les têtes sont-elles venues ?

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Thank you my colonel, the heads are from west wind. You can have a better look at them in this old post :

    http://gloarmy.blogspot.com/2009/03/et-part-ca.html

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Your White Shields look great. You must have gotten them done really fast. I'm still not quite finished for this first TOEMP deadline. Those heads work really well on the models. Looking forward to seeing more from you as the TOEMP progresses.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Good job, Gregory, and congrats at beating the deadline! The painting is very smooth and clean. I also like the converted heads on all of your Guardsmen. Are they Pig Iron heads? West Wind?

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. @Paul Wu : The heads are from west wind. You can have a better look at them in this old post :

    http://gloarmy.blogspot.com/2009/03/et-part-ca.html

    @Elazar : Yep, they've been painted pretty fast. The longer part of the job is (for me) to clean most of the molding lines (I say "most" as I do not care as much for a unit of 50 white shields as for a lesser squad). Still the cleaning is maybe 200% longer than the painting.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Great stuff my friend! You certainly paint fast!

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. They look fine to me friend. I see no "lines".

    LAF

    RépondreSupprimer